Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 14-ce3007nc

Hi everyone!

I actually have 2 questions, both considering brightness:

1)

My laptop has this annoying habit of increasing brightness on its own. I've tried to turn it off, but it doesn't seem to be working. 

What I've tried so far:

- checking a box in monitor settings - there is no such box

- checking a box in "change advanced power setting" - again, there is no such box

- prsessing Win+R, writing services.msc and disabling "sensor monitoring service" - did that but it didn't work and the screen just won't stop brightening up.

Can somebody help? At least tell me where that sensor is so I could ducktape it.

2)

How to lower the brightness even more than the default lowest level? Because I used to have a Dell where the lowest brightness made the screen almost black. I miss that soooo much. Now I have this one, annoyingly bright even at the lowest level and often wearing my sunglasses when working with the laptop (laugh all you want, I laugh at myself, too :D). And yes, I know about that "night light", but seriously, that's just the same annoyingly bright screen, only drowned in apricot juice. That's no help at all. 

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it 😄

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.