Level 1
9 8 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display Auto-rotation Broken After Anniversary Update

Spectre x2 Detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since the latest Anniversary Update from Microsoft the display on my Spectre x2 tablet no longer auto-rotates when I rotate my tablet.

In settings->system->display there is no longer a checkbox for autorotation. Nothing shows up at all.

I called customer support and they had me go through the registry to ensure the Autorotate option was enabled: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

The technician from HP customer support tried to find a solution using remote desktop but after about 30 minutes told me there was no solution, that I was the first customer to have this issue since the update, and HP will get back to me once they have resolved the problem.

Is anyone else having an issue with auto-rotation since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

6 REPLIES 6
NikMad53
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. I'm having a problem with my HP Envy, the screen doesn't rotate when I'm in tablet mode.

0 Kudos
itsDarius
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue on my Envy x360. Is there still no solution?

0 Kudos
tjenkinson
Level 1
4 3 1 2
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having an issue on my Ency x360. Just performed a reset and installed the 'AMD Virtual Buttons Driver'. The lock rotation button appears and a message saying automatic rotation is enabled when I bend the screen back, but it doesn't actually rotate when I rotate the screen.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,566 21,521 1,818 2,909
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tjenkinson

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the display Auto-rotation Broken After Anniversary Update,

Please attempt the 3 methods listed below:

First Method: 

With the keyboard connected, press Ctrl + Alt + [directional key]

The directional key could be the up arrow, down arrow, left arrow, or right arrow depending on your preference.

(This keyboard shortcut/command should work in most versions of Windows on all PCs.)

Second Method:

Find an empty space on the desktop.

Either tap and hold with your finger, or right-click blank space on desktop. Go to Graphics Options > Rotation > select desired rotation angle.

Third Method:

Start Menu > Settings > System > Display. Click the box under Orientation > make a selection.

This third method may prove most useful without a keyboard while multi-tasking. The window with the display settings can be kept open or minimized, and you can always bring it back up to quickly change the orientation at will.

Reply back for further assistance.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
tjenkinson
Level 1
4 3 1 2
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. It actually started working properly again today and I have no idea why!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,566 21,521 1,818 2,909
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tjenkinson

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

That's great news, however, (God forbid) if the issue reoccurs, perform the steps suggested in my last post and keep me posted,

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation