Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display Brightness

HP X2 DETACHABLE 10.1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS is really low. I already did all the settings requirements and correction. But no luck. Planning to return this HP X2 DETACHABLE 10.1 . If only the DISPLAY is bright enough, I will consider keeping it. I am OK with the Product builds and looks. But Brightness of Display is really unacceptable for me. Dont get me wrong...but I already compared it to several gadgets and devices that I have which is older model and lower screen resolution, but they are still Brighter than this unit considering this is a 2017 model. Please help. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,333 15,923 906 1,019
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display Brightness

@HIRO17

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP X2 DETACHABLE PC. I understand that the brightness is low and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Adjust the display brightness using the function keys.
  • Adjust the display brightness in the battery settings.
  • Update the BIOS and graphics driver.
  • Perform a hard reset.
  • Check the display before Windows opens.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps mentioned above to fix this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation