Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook 240 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the display adjustment function keys (f2 & f3) stopped being able to adjust the display brightness. The keys still work for other functions and the other function keys still work like normal. I have tried all the tricks provided in other forums, like updating the drivers, but so far nothing has worked. 

I really hope this issue can be fixed as it is annoying without the keys.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the graphics driver is installed and you can adjust the brightness in the Windows control panel, the onlyu suggestion I can offer, would be to (re)install the HP system event utility...

This package contains the HP System Event Utility, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, HP System Event Utility enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88257.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.