Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display Edge is turning to white

HP ENVY 15-j126TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My laptop screen's left edge is turning to white, before few month it was a littel but now it is spreading little by little..

Model of my laptop is HP ENVY 15-j126TX. Is there any solution for that? And if i have to replace a screen can i replace display with touch facility? (sorry for the Quality of my pictures if it captured with flash can's capture the screen problem..)

WP_20160501_07_20_43_Pro.jpgWP_20160501_07_20_51_Pro.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @slmg_Lahiru, 

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have a few questions for you about the white line(s) displaying on your HP ENVY 15-j126tx Notebook PC. These questions are also troubleshooting steps for you to try. Please make sure to try out the steps in the questions below. That way, if you have to re-post you have the answers to these questions also. 

If you connect your Notebook to an external monitor, does the line show up on the external monitor screen?

Have you tried doing updates using the HP Support Assistant? 

When did you do your last Windows Updates?

Have you tried to Reset the BIOS?

Have you tried to Test for Hardware Failures to see if it reports any display issues?

Have you tried to Uninstall the Graphics Drivers? If not, here are steps for you to follow to perform the uninstall:

• Device Manager
  • Click Display Adaptors 
  • Click the + to expand that category
  • Right-click on all Graphics Driver(s)
  • Select Uninstall
  • Restart the Notebook twice. 

If you are still having issues and none of the suggestions above helped to get rid of the line at this point, here is another option for you to try:

• In the Device Manager:
  • Click Display Adaptors
  • Right-click on Graphics Family
  • Select Update Driver Software
  • Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
  • The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver. After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook twice. 

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting steps provided. 

Thanks! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
slmg_Lahiru Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply...

i've connected my Notebook to a external monito. But there is no problem like that in secondary monitor,

2016/03/07 is my last windows update day.

im never reset my bios and didn't test for hardware faliures.

And also i re instelled my graphic drivers also,

But the problem is stil remaining.. 

I think it is not a problem with my drivers.

this problem is showing only left side of the notebook..

Thanks..!!

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, 

Do you remember if you happened to purchase the accidental damage coverage plan?

If you have performed all of the troubleshooting and still see the white line on the display, there are a couple of option you could try. You can use the HP Part Surfer to order a new display for your Notebook or if you would like to speak to someone about your display, please use the following link to Contact Us.

I hope this helps! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation