Intern
34 20 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display Flickers

HP Stream 11-r014wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Stream 11-r014wm. The screen flickers after it has been used for a while. I believe the driver for the display is the latest.

Anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display Flickers

Hey@jessejamestw23,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you.

Flickering display on the PC. Is that, Correct?

I recommend you to try the steps from the below link and check fi that solves the issue on your PC.

http://hp.care/2hWYVJI

Hope the above steps will help you finds the solution. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
87 81 4 16
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display Flickers

Interesting, I also have an HP Stream 11 and it sounds like you are having the same problem I am experiencing, but I have not found a fix yet.  Turning off the browser's hardware acceleration stops the flickering and makes browsing usable again for me, but the side effect is to make videos and audio choppy and unusable.

Here is the thread I just started two days ago:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Better-fix-for-browser-flickering-than...

I noticed on the Internet  that Nortons is one of a couple of applications that are known to cause this problem, but if you look at my thread, that is only if the issue is application related.  From what I understand, this is a video driver related issue.  I am not going through all the steps to unload and reload Norton's only to find I wasted my time, but if you try it out, please let me know if that fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
34 20 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display Flickers

@pjc123: We have Norton 360 installed. But it's my Internet Service Provider (CenturyLink's) branded version of Norton. I am not uninstalling Norton. HP needs to release an updated graphics driver or whatever driver to address the problem. You aren't the only one with this problem with this model computer. A friend of mine says that his grandmother has the same computer, and it does the same thing.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display Flickers

Hey@jessejamestw23 and pjc123,

Thanks for the response

Have you tried uninstalling the driver from the PC and checked for the issue?

Please follow the steps below and check if you can uninstall the driver and restart the PC and check if that helps.

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents the Display Adapters, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

Hope the above steps will help you finds the solution. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation