Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Any Product
Android 9.0 Pie

Display Ports on USB-C Docks in General Do not wake up after Hibernation.

2020/11: Today is written in Forums and Knowledge Bases of Hardware Manufacturers, that the display can be switched off, disconnected and Dock can be also reconnected. 

Thank you very much 🙂

You provided only a workaround instead of explaining that this is a software error that Hardware Vendors are not able to fix (yet). There will be the day when someone will realize why this happens and your solution will be a Firmware Upgrade... Until then your solution is unacceptable because to Power off and disconnect Monitor I must stand up from my table and I am lazy to do that every day after Windows Device or Android Device hibernated the day before.

As this Error happens on Android as on Windows with USB-C docks, its worth to investigate for Hardware Manufacturers.

Otherwise you are free to delete my comment/voice and point back to the solution with the slow workaround...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.