cancel
drhanneman Tutor
Tutor
9 6 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display backlight intensity flickers on battery power and lower brightness.

HP Spectre x360 15 (2017)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have noticed that when my new HP Spectre x360 15 (2017) laptop PC is operating on battery power and the screen brightness is turned down, the screen brightness changes intensity (flickers) a little for a few seconds after opening up a program window.  It only experiences this condition upon opening the first program window.  Opening subsequent program windows after the first does not exibit this condition.  On AC power, I do not observe this condition at all.  On battery power, I observe this condition for several seconds at lower screen brightness intensity levels.  Is this normal?

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
12989 12925 1690 4374
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Hope you've updated graphics driver available from your HP support page?

You can disable adaptive brightness and check: https://windows.gadgethacks.com/how-to/disable-adaptive-brightness-windows-10-for-maximum-screen-bri...

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
drhanneman Tutor
Tutor
9 6 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Support Assistanct is not reporting any new display updates and adaptive brightness is turned off.  It does seem like a driver issue though.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12989 12925 1690 4374
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Download, save latest version from your HP support page

Uninstall all graphic drivers from display adapter section in Device Manager

Then install the latest one

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation