Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 15-ac650tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Display get flickered when use mobile near laptop or any call comes tryed recovery of os updated bois updated drivers didt get any sollution
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Vivek08,

I understand that the display on your notebook flickers when you use your mobile near it. I would like to provide my suggestion.

To isolate the issue, does the screen flicker when you use any other cellphone as well or with a particular cell phone?

Do other notebooks screen flicker when you use your mobile near them?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own by performing a recovery and updating the BIOS. 

Refer to this 3rd party website to understand interference on display when using cell phones.

Another website suggests replacing the display cable. 

You can also, check if the display flickers in BIOS as well. As BIOS is independent of OS. 

Disclaimer:  HP Does not control the content on these 3rd party websites. 

Good Luck. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Yeah Chimney_83 I'm from hp service centre mangalore ...it is customers laptop i have tryed bois recovery swapped display cable as well as display raw panel couldn't find the solution .. this is the first case I'm facing issue like this... ... if u bring any cell phone near display will flicker
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I was just wondering if you got a solution?

As I am having the same problem with my laptop any time any phone is near my laptop and has on their mobile data or I make or recieve a call the screen will start to flicker.

I have ran it in safe mode, had the screen fix and updated all my drivers and still no luck. 

I do not seem to have the problem when I have my wifi on. 

HP Recommended
Yeah! It is because of the magnetic sensor which is on the display vessel ... Because of that it was happening like that ... Replace the sensor issue will resolve
HP Recommended

Can you please elaborate , as I am also having the same issue with my laptop, and what is interesting is, I had given my laptop to the HP service center for repair , but the report says that "The device passed all the tests successfully. No problems found."

HP Recommended

I have same issue with HP Pavilion 15 au172tx !!

HP Recommended

@Shofiul

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I read that the display of your HP Pavilion - 15-au172tx laptop. I read that the display flickers when a mobile phone is placed near it and gets a call/sms. 

Laptop computers have displays that are sensitive to many things. These displays have faults that sometimes produce a flickering screen, lines, dots or a faint display. These screens are sensitive to magnetic fields or electronic items near the computer. Speakers, cell phones, lights and other electrical items are examples.

The workaround doe this is to move away from the cell phone that can cause flickering. 

I hope this answers your question. Keep me posted for any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem outlined in the following thread

Screen Flickers, goes black, due to Cellular interference (opens in a new page, Its a link to an HP thread)

If you find a solution, please post here or inside my thread, help a brother out.

Thanks
Awais

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.