10-17-2019 08:17 PM
just bought 2019 Spectre x360 Convertible 13inch refurbished. Updated HP apps, windows, the bios and drivers. wthen i start to bend the screen back into tent mode, about 20 deg below horizontal the display goes blank. Audio continues. The keyboard does deactivate. did some tricks i read on this forum, such as removing display driver and rebooting. No change. The rotation lock button on right side menu is grayed out, and is grayed out in Settings. This is a surprise gift, not cheap, and one should not have to do so much debugging. What should I do next besides try and return?
10-20-2019 04:15 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee