Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Chromebook x360
Chrome OS

I recently purchased an UPGRO USB-C to HDMI Adapter. I have a Samsung UN55FH6200 television and an HP Chromebook x360, Model# 14c-ca0053dx. When I attach my computer to my television with the adapter, the display is wider than the television screen regardless of the display size, font size and/or page zoom settings that I use. Do you have a solution for this issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@JJS404,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We understand that using USB -C to HDMI adaptor you can change the setting below.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix :-

From the Displays menu, choose one of the following options to make the specified changes:

• Display size: Choose a screen resolution. Modify the width and height (in pixels) that the Chromebook monitor or external display renders.
  • Orientation: Change the default setting by choosing a different screen orientation.
  • TV alignment: Adjust the alignment of an externally connected television or monitor. This setting is only available when connected to a compatible device.
  • Options: This section contains two options: Start mirroring and Make primary. If another device is available, select Start mirroring to show the Chromebook display on the other device. Select the Make primary option to designate the currently selected device as the primary display for the Chromebook.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.