Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A2AV)

I recently got a Samsung G7 monitor to connect the laptop to, and I wanted to utilize the USB C to do so via a USB C to displayport cable. When connected, it recognizes the source, but the screen is all jacked up. HDMI works fine.

I know this isn't a high end gaming computer, but if there's any little bit of quality to gain by using the displayport cable, I'd like to use that. Maybe the cable isn't the correct kind? Or maybe the cable I got isn't rated for what it needs to be? Or maybe it's a driver thing? I'm obviously clueless on the issue. 

The cable I got from amazon, and it looks like a generic cable to me. States, 4K@60hz  and 2K@165hz . 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RY75V7Q?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 

image_50369281.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Reduced the refresh rate for the monitor to 120, and the monitor now works, so long as the laptop lid is open. Once I close it, the monitor goes back to the same distorted view. Not sure why the laptop wouldn't work in 144 when the monitor is also rated for 144hz.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.