Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to determine if a) anyone else is having issues of the vertical bands/streaks on screen display for the HP Spectre x 360 running Windows 10?

b) If so , is there anything that can be done to fix it other than throwing this laptop in the trash and abandoning HP FOREVER?

So very tired of these manufacturers that sell a product and just over two years later it has fatal issues.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi @ceejones8,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues with the display on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the bios, chipset driver and graphics driver from the below link and test.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

If the issue persists, follow the steps in the below article.

http://hp.care/2ys5dt1

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm having the same issue after maybe 9 months

HP Recommended

Hey there! @SydneyOs, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have display issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Does the issue persist in BIOS?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

If the issue does not persist in BIOS try updating the graphics driver and BIOS on your PC.

You can try updating the drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant.

Also, try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4.    Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Refer this article to further troubleshoot display issues with your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Let me know how it goes!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Started yesterday on mine. Wonder if it update related to Win 10?

HP Recommended

Hi! @w4yn, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have display issues after updating windows on your PC.

Does the issue persist on the BIOS page?

Try the steps recommended from my previous post and check if it helps.

Also, please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did the bios (screen worked fine in bios setup) F9 and F10 t save settings 

on startup screen went back to flickering

Now I cannot get back to bios screen by pressing F10 on startup

HP Recommended

@w4yn, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned the flickering does not happen on the BIOS page.

It certainly looks to be a driver issue. Uninstall the graphics driver from the device manager and install the install the latest graphics driver and BIOS using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Also, you can try installing the graphics driver using recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using the HP recovery manager. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try performing a push button reset on your PC.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a push button reset. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

X360 is product number I believe

I downloaded new drivers for both HP and Nevidia

Seems somewhat better

The first startup screen with Hp logo is flickering but after a while it straightens up.

Tim 

HP Recommended

@w4yn, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the startup screen with the HP logo is flickering.

Try updating the BIOS on your PC to the latest version and check if it helps.

Also, uninstall the graphics driver from the device manager and install the drivers using the HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using the HP recovery manager. Click Here

Lastly, try performing a push button reset on your PC. 

Refer this article to know more information about performing a push button reset. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about finding the product number. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.