Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I do not find the HP recovery manager on my laptop

Tim 

HP Recommended

@w4yn, I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

If you have deleted the recovery partition or if you are using a retail copy of operating system. You will not find the recovery manager on your PC.

Please try reinstalling the operating system using the recovery discs.

If you don't have a set of recovery discs. I will share a private message with details. 

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Have a pleasant day ahead! 

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I contacted customer support (foreign accent) she says there were no drivers for this PC that would help and that it was a hardware issue to the Tune of $470 repair.

I can get a new Lenovo for not much more that that! Never had a hardware issue on any Lenovo.

Took a chance on this Hp now sorry for doing that.

Tim 

HP Recommended

@w4yn, I appriciate your response again.

Did you ask for the recovery discs?

I don't think it could be a hardware issue as the display works fine in the BIOS page.

Try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Please share the product number of your PC. So I can check if we have any service advisory related to the issue you have mentioned.

Refer this article to know more information about finding the product number. Click Here

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Product Description: HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl012dx

Product Number: Z4Z35UA

Serial Number: 5CD711BJLQ

I am with you on it not being a hardware issue, she was pretty dumb.

I will do some more testing.

Thank You

HP Recommended

BTW she said recovery disc's would not help and did not want to send them

Agn, failly clueless.

Tim 

HP Recommended

@w4yn, Thanks again for reaching out to us.

Thanks for sharing the details.

Try updating the BIOS and graphics driver on your PC from the links below and check if it helps.

Update the graphics driver using this link. Click Here

Also, update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

If the issue still persists after updating the drivers it could a hardware issue with your PC.

Please contact HP phone support for service options.

Also, if you want to order a recovery kit and try first before the service repair.

Please order the recovery kit using this link. Click Here

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tried bios and video driver (navidia was what you sent)  still acting up

I can not even get to bios screen witout it flickering now

beginning to believe it is hardware issue now

Done with HP going back to Lenovo

Repair is 1/2 as much as new PC

Never a hardware issue on any of my Lenovo laptops

Tim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.