Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0043dx
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an 18-month-old HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-eb0xxx. Couple of months ago, once there was a flicker on the screen. A permanent horizontal black bar appeared on the bottom of the screen, just above the taskbar (width of taskbar) and the taskbar got half-hidden within the black bar. It has been permanent since then, and no setting change could clear it off. I have tried to update all drivers, still it persists. A couple of days later, the display screen started to show stripes. The stripes would appear if the laptop turns active after being in standby mode for some time. Then the stripes would fade away slowly and the display would become normal. Again if the laptop is idle and goes into standby and comes back on, the problem would repeat and become normal after some usage. This is happening consistently. Now since yesterday, the display has gone completely black. However, if I connect the laptop to an external monitor, it works and display is seen on the monitor, just that there is no display on the laptop screen itself. Rest of the functions, keyboard, buttons, audio, webcam etc.. just work fine. 

I searched the forums seems like it has been a problem with this model for other users as well. Can you please suggest how can I get it fixed ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.