Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au003tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Display seems to be partitioned with a vertical line, with left side seeming to be more brighter than the right side.

When the screen or the image is sometimes dark, it looks quite clear about the screen.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@anmol04

Try connecting a different monitor and check if you have the same issue.

Check if you are facing the same issue in BIOS page.

Follow the below steps to boot into BIOS page.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.

2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

If the display is fine in BIOS page, update the Graphics driver using this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-au000-notebook-pc-series/10862158/mo....

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

In the BIOS mode , it doesn't seems to appear.

But for example in the attached screenshot, it is appearing

Screenshot (11).png 

HP Recommended

I even tried updating the drivers, but the driver seems to be up-to-date.

HP Recommended

@anmol04

Uninstall the drivers from device manager.

1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it. 

2. In the device manager, expand the category "Display adapters". 

3. Under this category, right-click on your driver and click on Uninstall. 

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button.

5. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01881110 for troubleshooting Screen Issues.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I am still facing the issue.

I have tried uninstalling, restarting the system and updating the drivers.

I don't think so my problem is listed in the doc.

Is my display damaged or is this a software issue?

HP Recommended

@anmol04

If the issue does not occur in the BIOS screen, it probably will not be a hardware issue.

We can perform a test on the PC to check the hardware components related to the Display.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. Perform Component Test > Video test. Share the result on your next post.

If the test passed and you still see the vertical line, we will have to perform a system recovery.

1. Shutdown the computer. 

2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 

3. Press F11 once for System Recovery. 

4. Choose the Keyboard Layout. 

5. Click on Troubleshoot. 

6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery. 

Note: Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer. 

You may refer to this document for more info on performing a system recovery.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Even after performing System recovery my issue is not resolved.

What could be the issue ?

Hardware or Software problem?Screenshot (1).png

HP Recommended

@anmol04

Did you connect the PC to an external monitor and check if the issue persists? If the issue does not occur on the external/alternate display, the issue could be with the Display.

If the issue persists on the alternate monitor, then we will have to perform a system recovery.

Refer to this document for more info.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My half display is showing up as white.

Is my display completely gone?

or something can be done ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.