cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Docked 840 G6 has one fuzzy monitor

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a couple of users with the following setup:

840 G6 running Win 10 Ent

UltraSlim Dicking Station

2 HP Z24i G2 monitors connected via display ports

The issue we are seeing is the user docks the laptop, brings it out of sleep and one monitor will flick as if looking for the input and then be fuzzy for about 60 seconds before clearing up.  Sometimes it does not clear up and the user has to un-dock and dock again.  This doesn't happen every time though.

I am sure the cables and monitors are OK as we never had this issue when they were connected to a Lenovo dock with a T440 running Win 7 and have checked they are all seated properly.  I have updated the video drivers and laptop BIOS, I have also disabled the AMD Radeon card in BIOS and running just the Intel 620 drivers/card.  I've looked for firmware updates for the dock and could not find any,

I'm out of ideas now, so if anyone has seen this or has a bright idea to share, I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation