Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a couple of users with the following setup:

840 G6 running Win 10 Ent

UltraSlim Dicking Station

2 HP Z24i G2 monitors connected via display ports

The issue we are seeing is the user docks the laptop, brings it out of sleep and one monitor will flick as if looking for the input and then be fuzzy for about 60 seconds before clearing up.  Sometimes it does not clear up and the user has to un-dock and dock again.  This doesn't happen every time though.

I am sure the cables and monitors are OK as we never had this issue when they were connected to a Lenovo dock with a T440 running Win 7 and have checked they are all seated properly.  I have updated the video drivers and laptop BIOS, I have also disabled the AMD Radeon card in BIOS and running just the Intel 620 drivers/card.  I've looked for firmware updates for the dock and could not find any,

I'm out of ideas now, so if anyone has seen this or has a bright idea to share, I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.