3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Does the Pavillion 15-eg0067st DisplayPort support alt mode HDMI adapters

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-eg0067st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Trying to learn if the DisplayPort on my Pavillion 15-eg0067st can support an alt mode display adapter, specifically, the Sabrent USB Type C Dual HDMI Adapter.

If not, did you have success with other adapters?

Appreciate any insights you might have. Tech specs on that are sparse at best. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,514 89,392 11,465 24,601
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cheywolf 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c06971416

It USB-C port is  USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (supports data transfer, power delivery, HP Sleep & Charge; DisplayPort 1.4 out up to 4096 × 2304 @ 60 Hz through adapter.

I know many users try to use USB-C - HDMI but they all say do not work. It is much better to use USB-C to DP, for example

https://dancharblog.wordpress.com/2019/10/10/dual-4k-60hz-monitors-via-usb-c-with-displayport-1-4/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Cheywolf
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, BH. I clearly have a lot to learn about what a manufacturer means when they say a device supports DisplayPort. Definitely not a "it just works" situation.

0 Kudos
Cheywolf
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've ordered the HP Dock G5. Will update once it's installed.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation