Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, It has been about 3 years already when I had a problem with my drivers. When I installed Intel HD Graphics driver, it was working ok. But then when I installed AMD drivers for my AMD card too, my notebook couldn't boot. It freezed at windows logo. So I had to in safe mode uninstall the AMD drivers so my notebook would work normally at least with this intel GPU. Now after 3 years I wanted to try it again, with using Driverfusion to completely uninstall the Drivers. I thought that could be the issue. But still nothing, notebook still freezes at windows logo. But now when I want to install back the intel HD graphics it says either that "your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements to run this software" when I want to install drivers from HP site which are exactly for this notebook, or when I install the drivers from other side, it would install, in device manager there is intel HD graphics (saying its up to date) but it seems like my notebook isn't using it at all. In resolution there I can see that my PC is still using only the basic VGA, so I can't set resolution higher than 1024x768 or watch videos in normal quality. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: I tried to look into BIOS and there is no option to "activate" the intel HD graphics. Only option to check "switchable graphics" which is checked, but greyed out. Also, I read here on forum that you need to install only AMD drivers and it will install intel drivers also. I did this now (downloaded drivers from HP site) and indeed, both intel and amd drivers are installed (but I had to disable AMD card in safe mode, because it wouldn't boot again) but Intel HD graphics has a yellow triangle at it, saying "this device has been stopped because it has reported problems. (code 43)".

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.