Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14 Laptop (30J32AV)

Hello, I bought the HP 14 (product 50V33UA) as an affordable device for school. I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how to connect it to two external monitors, as I know that the USB-C port is data-transfer only. I am currently using the existing HDMI port for my first monitor connection. I already have tested the second monitor using the HDMI connection and it does work, so I know this isn't a monitor problem (at least with that connection type).

1. I tried to connect my second monitor (DELL) to the laptop using a USB-B cord to the USB-A port (I tried both USB A ports) but it didn't work.
  2. I tried to use a Displayport - USB-C cord with a USB-A adaptor, but also this did not work. 
  3. I suspect I need some sort of special adaptor to convert one of my USB-A or USB-C ports to enable a second display, but I need help identifying what to buy. I was looking for Universal Docks online, but they almost all use USB-C connections and I suspect they require Thunderports, which I don't have. 

Please help 😞

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pebbleshoe 

If you wish to connect 2 external monitors (only), you can use

• Monitor 1: HDMI direct cable,
  • Monitor 2: Using a Displaylink Certified USB-A to HDMI adapter such as

USB to HDMI Adapter

For more connectivity, please use

True Universal Docking Stations

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Many of the universal docks connect using USB-C and my port is data transfer only. Do universal docks still work for displays if connected that way or do i need to use an adapter for that too?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.