Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking to expand my current set up, I run my laptop with a 24" screen, I have a 2nd 24" screen I would like to run as a 3rd screen. In total I want to have running from Left to Right, 24" screen, Laptop screen fucntional, 24" screen. 

I do not like using an external keyboard, so would ideally like all 3 screens to be on and working. 

How do I go about this? i currently have the HP USB-C to multi port, but that only gives a single HDMI port. 

With the Spectre only having two USB ports and one is for charging 90% of the time. Any thoughts or suggestions? 

This is only for the rest of the year so don't want to invest lots of money. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JT901

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Computers and TVs have a wide variety of video connection types. The video connection on your computer must match the connection on your TV or monitor.

1. Select a connection type based on your second monitor.

• Monitor: VGA  or DVI  cable

• TV: Video (composite)  or S-video  cable

• High Definition TV: DVI  or HDMI  cable

2. Connect the TV or monitor to the computer using the cable you chose.

3. Connect a power cable to the TV or monitor, and then turn it on.

4. TV connections only: Change the TV video input source to match the video source connection from the computer (Line-1, Video-1, HDMI, etc.). Refer to documents that came with the TV for instructions.

Depending on the TV, the image quality might not be as good as that of a monitor.

5. Turn on the computer.

Configure the display:

Extend or duplicate the desktop with a second monitor.

1. Right-click anywhere on the desktop, and then click Display settings (Windows 10) or Screen Resolution (Windows 8).

2. Make sure the correct number of monitors displays.

Windows 10

Windows 8

Selecting screen resolution, display,  and orientation

• If all of your monitors display, continue with these steps.

NOTE: Two monitors might display as one, with 1|2 in the center, indicating the same screen duplicated on two monitors. To change to an extended desktop display, continue with these steps.
    • If not all of your monitors display, make sure the cables are securely inserted, and then click Detect.

3. Scroll down to Multiple displays, if necessary, click the drop-down menu, and then select a display option.

To set up a wireless monitor, click Connect to a wireless display.

If you cannot change the display options, go to the section to Configure the display with the graphics driver.

4. Adjust the screen resolution and orientation, as necessary.

5. Extended desktop only: Match the monitors on the display to how they are physically positioned. To identify the monitors, click Identify. Numbers display on the monitors to help you arrange them.

6. Windows 10: Click Keep changes, if necessary, to save the new display settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.