cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Dual monitor setup with Pavillion 14 ce-3501na

HP Recommended
Pavillion 14 ce-3501na
Linux

Hello

I have a HP Pavillion 14 ce-3501na laptop now running Linux Ubuntu 20.04.1 (originally Windows 10 when bought). I am looking to connect two monitors in an extended dual monitor setup. When using the dual setup, I intend to keep the laptop shut and only use the two monitors. The monitors I have in mind are the HP Ultraslim Full HD Monitor (1920 x 1080), either the 22f or 24f version.

As the laptop only has one HDMI output, I was looking to either use a HDMI splitter which supports extended display modes or a USB to HDMI convertor and use the HDMI port and one USB port for my respective displays. I understand that the USB-C port only supports data transfer and therefore is not an option.

I am not looking for any particularly high resolutions as I mainly use the laptop for university work, programming and occassionally Netflix and Youtube. I was wondering if the laptop itself would support the two monitors or if I would require a newer, more powerful laptop. If the laptop does indeed support two monitors, what resolutions could I expect? Which method would be better, the HDMI splitter, USB to HDMI converter or are both methods equally valid? If I need a more powerful laptop, what should I look out for in terms of specifications?

Any help is appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation