cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

ENABLE KEYBOARD & MOUSE IN TABLET MODE

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ap012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to enable wireless/USB external keyboard and/or mouse when switching to tablet mode? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,475
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Maria89,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums again. 🙂 Good day!:) How are you doing? 🙂 I read and reviewed your response.  I understand that you want to know if an external wireless keyboard and mouse will work in tablet mode. I am delighted to assist you with that. 🙂

Stupendous effort on diagnosing the issue correctly. Splendid and interesting question.:) It is always a privilege to work with customers that have superlative technical skills. 🙂 Great job! 🙂 Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is a privilege to share this platform with you.:)

It is a feature of windows 10 and the X360 that the internal keyboard and touchpad get disabled in tablet mode to get the complete rich full feature of a tablet. However, the USB ports should work in tablet mode. So if an external Bluetooth or wireless keyboard and mouse dongle is connected, the tablet should recognize it on paper. Then the wireless keyboard and mouse should ideally work when paired. 

Some links that could help User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05080705

Please check how it toggles between notebook mode and tablet mode by visiting page 11. Look up table of contents on page vii. (I am sure you already know about it.)

Link 2: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04856156

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.:)

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation