Top Student
5 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite X2 1011 Touch screen not working/pen working fine

Elite X2 1011
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not sure exactly at what point it happened but I recently found that the touch screen on my Elite X2 1011 was not working. The pen still functions normally. When checking the pen and touch settings I can only configure the pen settings and only "Pen support" is listed in view pen and touch settings. The touch screen used to work in both the original Windows 8.1 and then also after upgrading to Windows 10.

There have been no error messages and the event logs do not seem to indicate any problems; it is as though the machine has just forgotten it is a touch screen.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, reinstalling both Windows 10, and going back to Windows 8.1 to no avail. I really loved this little device but ease of use is cut rather drastically without the touch functionality.

Has anyone else had a problem like this and have a solution? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Scott_Harris Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess it is safe to assume that this forum is not monitored at all by HP staff?

Has no one seen this problem on their own devices?

0 Kudos
GPC_EUC Top Student
Top Student
7 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue - dead silence from HP

0 Kudos
Weymond Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation