Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
markc06 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite x2 1012 docking

Elite x2 1012
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which docking station I should use so that I can get my 34 wide screen monitor connected to the Elite X2 with full resolution, 3440x1440. I was looking at the Wireless Doc with wigig but was told this and the connected doc would only support the max resolution of the Elite x2. I'm confused as the wireless doc should have a graphics device in it to achieve what you need. I have looked at other company's docks as well and I'm now just......perplexed and please help.

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71881 8691 18696
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite x2 1012 docking

@markc06 wrote:

... I'm confused as the wireless doc should have a graphics device in it to achieve what you need....

Hi,

Which one you are talking about ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
markc06 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite x2 1012 docking

I was looking at the "HP Advanced Wireless Docking Station" F7M97UT. I was told that these peripherals could only mimic the original screen resolution, which worries me because that would only be HD 1920x1080 (or there about). So dropping about $2K for this unit and then getting a perpheral so I get the same resolution on a large wide screen makes me wonder is this the right unit for me?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
71881 8691 18696
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite x2 1012 docking

Hi,

I have not seen and tested the following one:

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/displaylink-4k-over-usb-docks

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
markc06 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite x2 1012 docking

I have looked at a few of them but wanted to stay in company as the unit is still in waranty. Don't want people upset with me but thank you for the insite.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation