Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronfdez Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 8740w with A7E34AA#ABA (STANDARD 230W) docking station - 2 External Monitors

EliteBook 8740w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,  I've read quite a few messages on multiple monitors and the 8740W, but I can't make out an answer to my question, so I'm hoping that someone can help.    I'm running the 8740W ( Intel I7 / Windows 7 / Nvidia Quadro) and the STANDARD (NOT THE ADVANCED) 230W docking station.

My goal here is to use the laptop screen, along with 2 external monitors connected to the STANDARD docking station for a total of 3 working displays.  From what I've read so far, it's pretty tricky, and I was lost in some of the terminology.

While leaving the laptop screen open, I have connected the following to the docking station:

1) A Vizio HDTV - via a DP to HDMI adapter - looks great.

2) An AOC Monitor - via a USB 3.0 to VGA adapter - display is available - but limited to 800 x 600 resolution.

Is there a way to improve the resolution for the AOC monitor (ext monitor #2), using this current setup?

Do I need to set these up in a different configuration?  ( I think I've tried every possible combination)

Do I need to have the ADVANCED Docking Station?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation