Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E240c 23.8-inch Video Conferencing Monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just bought a new HP EliteDisplay E240c 23.8-inch Video Conferencing Monitor and connected it to my HP EliteBook 840 G1.  I've used the DisplayPort connector and the USB 2.0 upstream connector.  The webcam on the new E240c display doesn't seem to work.  HP support told me that if my laptop has a webcam, then the webcam on the E240c display will never work.  That sounds ridiculous.  Do any of you have an E240c display hooked-up to a laptop with a webcam, and if so, is the webcam on your E240c display working?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try to treat this is an external webcam and do a switch

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/switching-laptop-webcam-external-webcam-72980.html

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Still not working.  :Crying:  I'm using Skype.  I go to the Video Device settings in Skype and I see and have selected the camera, but the video is just a black screen.  If I were to re-enable the camera that's built into the laptop, and select that camera instead, the video works just fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.