cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
dj2hoff
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Elitebook 840 Synaptics Touchpad Not Working Properly

HP Recommended
2019 HP Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2019 HP Elitebook 840 G5 with Windows 10 (64-bit). No recent OS updates or installations.

I've suddenly started having issues with my touchpad. With the latest drivers I could find  (19.5.9.49), no matter how I move my finger on the touchpad, the cursor goes to one of the corners of the screen. Depending on where I placed my finger, the mouse would skip to a different corner of the screen.  The pointing stick nub works as normal and the clickpad buttons worked as normal.

By rolling the driver back to an earlier version (19.5.9.41), I was able to make the touchpad behave somewhat normal, but the sensitivity was greatly decreased and multi-finger gestures no longer work. The Synaptics Touchpad Settings Manager also only has options for touch sensitivity and button settings, so I don't know how to get the gestures back.

The old drivers are usable, but ideally I would like to get gestures back at least. I also don't know why the new drivers suddenly stopped working.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lakerol
Level 1
1 1 1 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
lakerol
Level 1
1 1 1 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
dj2hoff
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That did it, thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation