Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6 6XE55EA

Hallo, I am struggling with my my 2 monitors (HP Z27i)  to get the correct resolution 2560x1440px.
Specs from Notebook and dock are clear; 2 displays with up to 4096x2160 are supported but I get only once 2560x1440px and once 1920x1080 on these monitors if I activate extended desktop.

Clone desktop is fine but not wished or usable at all

I ordered new displays, both 3840x1440px which I want to connect, as specs are telling me its supported. Therefore I replaced the notebook and dock, spent a lot of $$ and now even the old screens are not working correctly.

What do I need  to do?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@snaky 

What is your USB-C Universal Dock ? It says 2 displays with up to 4096x2160 (that means for BOTH, not EACH). Now you get 2560 x 1440 and 1920 x 1080 you can work out the math.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer!

Here is the documentaton: http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04168358&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&sea...

Page 4, Dual Display: (2) 2.5k Displays, on any of the 2 ports -> That means to me that 2 displays with 2.5k can be connected and are working in recommended resolution.

- > Maybe HP should mention how this table content is meant,  would help a lot!

Sidenote: On the old slim dock the 2 displays are working correct, so its not a limitation of the graphic card.

Concerning my upcoming new displays, both 3440 x 1440, will they work on the old slim dock, or what dock I need to take that they show the correct resolution? (Extended desktop, not clone)

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.