Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue! I have changed all of the settings and tried all of the tips in this thread and it still goes to sleep within 3 minutes of inactivity. When at work, I am up and down from my desk probably 25 times per day and have to log back in every time.

HP Recommended

Hey Jenna16,

I downloaded a small freeware program called "Caffeine" which sends a character signal "~" once a minute to keep the stupid computer awake. Works great for me, however, with some programs like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop I disable Caffeine because it can paste the ~ into my text. Hope this is helpful to know there are some alternative options haha

HP Recommended

I downloaded and unzipped caffeine, sits in folder as caffeine.exe.  Doubleclicking that does nothing.  How do I get it to install and run?

HP Recommended

It works like a portable app, so it can sit in a folder somewhere on your computer and you double-click to open it.  There's a really small red icon in the tray for  the program to show that it's open. It doesn't stay for resets so if  you restart your computer it needs to be opened again. But if you have tried opening it wait a couple minutes and it should work pretty well. It can be set as a startup item, I don't know much more than  that though... I didn't make Caffeine, I just use it and am happy for it. HP's settings are a maze concerning this issue, in my opinion. Hope that all helps

HP Recommended

OK, downloaded it again,  this time it opened, icon is sitting there.  Will let it run, and see. 

Earlier when I downloaded it and said it would not open, which elicited the reply above ... even though it appeared to be present, it must not have been:  Just before I re-downloaded moments ago, I searched for "caffeine" on the computer, and in the downloads, and it had completely VANISHED!  Like DB Cooper from the 727!

Now it shows in the downloads folder.

HP Recommended

lol, hope it works good!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.