Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 13-ay0153ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo,

I bought an HP Envy x360 13, with an R5 4500U, tree month ago. I also bought an USB-C to HDMI cable to conect the Envy to my primary monitor, to use it as notepad and to watch the Zoom call. I startet to use this setup last week, becaus my main PC broke down. Now I have the problem, that my two Display randamly freeze, while im writing. The sound still normally functions and the Touch function of the screen is also still working. To use the laptop again I need to restart it, sometimes I need to restart it ten times in 15 minutes an some days it workes fine.

Is it possible, that the cable or the monitor are broken and producing this problem or is it the USB-C port of the laptop.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Nico1611

I reviewed your post and I understand that the display freezes randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

BIOS: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111272.exe

AMD: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110501-111000/sp110913.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I reinstalled the graphics driver and updated the BIOS two weeks ago an it helped. I still have the problem of the Displays freezing, but it appears just every fwe days and then only ones and not four times in a row.

HP Recommended

@Nico1611

Test the computer and if any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The last time the PC froze was the 25 December and it was mostly during UNI lectures. When the problem appears again I will get back to you.

HP Recommended

@Nico1611

Thank you for the update.

Do let me know if you need further assistance.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@

Between the 25. December and 15. January there were no problems. 

Today 16. January the notebooke froze again. I was watching YouTube on my second monitor, while charging and I use a wireless mouse. The whole notebook froze and didnt even turn off the display when closed.

All drivers are updated.

HP Recommended

@Nico1611

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.