Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 ee1017au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently purchased an HP Envy x360 ee1017au and would like to know whether it supports mpp 2.0? I've noticed it's not very clear in any HP product specifications what pen protocol they support, which is a bit frustrating.

I'd like to use an HP Tilt Pen with the device if possible.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rho6 wrote:

.. Do the pen tilt functions work on the Envy? That should indicate whether the device supports mpp 2.0

@Rho6 

I do not have one therefore Sorry I don't know BUT I can confirm HP x360 Envy 15-ee0xxx machines officially are compatible with the following 2 pens

HP Pen
HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Rho6 

I'm using HP pen part number 905512-002 for my HP Envy 15-ee0047nr (machine is from the US). I also test the Envy with a pen from my Surface and a pen my Dell. My Envy machine works with all 3 pens.

I don't use them everyday because I use docking stations with keyboards and mice and laptops close 99% of their times

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks, it's good to know the device should work with these pens. Do the pen tilt functions work on the Envy? That should indicate whether the device supports mpp 2.0

HP Recommended

@Rho6 wrote:

.. Do the pen tilt functions work on the Envy? That should indicate whether the device supports mpp 2.0

@Rho6 

I do not have one therefore Sorry I don't know BUT I can confirm HP x360 Envy 15-ee0xxx machines officially are compatible with the following 2 pens

HP Pen
HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thank you, I'll assume the device supports mpp 2.0 then.

I'll ask around and see if I can test a few pens to confirm tilt functionality before I buy one.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

@Rho6 

You are welcome.

I'm a volunteer. I used to borrow many things from my PC department at work to test but after my retirement I can only test what I have. Once a year, I would buy new thing(s) after getting outcome from ATO.

Have a good weekend - we can't go anywhere now.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.