Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360m 15m-bq021dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New out of the box.  Cursor irratically keeps going to upper left corner of screen.  Does this constantly with no regard to input device such as touchpad or wireless mouse.  Where ever cursor is on screen it will disappear and reappear in upper left corner where recycle bin is when activating input device again.  There is also an occasional video glitch of some kind in the upper left corner which also appearred duriing bootup.  HP diagnostics comes up clean.  Reinstall driver .... no change.  Complete factory recovery does not resolve.  This issue also occurs while in the UEFI bios which leads me to suspect a possible hardware issue.  This should be the same as testing in safe mode windows.  As yet I have not checked to see if there is a newer bios version for this.  If anyone knows the resolution I would be grateful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @kmaddsix,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very good day to you! I read the post regarding issues with erratic cursor movements on a new computer. I will be delighted to assist you here.:)

You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Superb effort and spectacular research were done as well. Kudos to you on that score.:) I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?

For now, it looks like a hardware issue with the computer.

• You have 2 options at your disposal. Either return the computer to the store if it is under the return window. If you ordered it directly from HP, then the return window is a 30-day window. Please contact HP shopping to return it for an exchange via this link: http://hp.care/2rQLe1b and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Otherwise, contact HP tech support to get the computer serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a superb week ahead. 🙂  

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @kmaddsix,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very good day to you! I read the post regarding issues with erratic cursor movements on a new computer. I will be delighted to assist you here.:)

You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Superb effort and spectacular research were done as well. Kudos to you on that score.:) I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?

For now, it looks like a hardware issue with the computer.

• You have 2 options at your disposal. Either return the computer to the store if it is under the return window. If you ordered it directly from HP, then the return window is a 30-day window. Please contact HP shopping to return it for an exchange via this link: http://hp.care/2rQLe1b and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Otherwise, contact HP tech support to get the computer serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a superb week ahead. 🙂  

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I opted to return the laptop to Bestbuy who replaced it.  The new one is working great. 

HP Recommended

@kmaddsix

Thank you for the relying,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the update, 

Feel free to re-post any other queries, as we will be here and happy to help,

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx,  same issue, jumpy mouse cursor, even if not using, tried everything I could find in any forum.  Finally solved by disabling "stylus/pen" driver under device hardware.  Not a single jump since.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.