Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15m-ee0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The colors on my brand new Envy x360 are wildly inaccurate, with reds looking orange and purples looking blue. The two pictures below show the Envy screen on the bottom, and an external monitor hooked up to the Envy on the top.

IMG_20200814_180850.jpgIMG_20200814_180426.jpg

I understand that the Envy I have has the basic 250-nit display with a narrower color gamut than the higher-end displays; however that should not cause the colors to be this wrong. In fact, based on a conversation I had with someone who has had multiple Envy x360's, it appears that there are at least two different versions of the 250-nit display out there. The information I received is that if you look in Device Manager in Windows, you'll see one of two display panel models: one labeled BOE08A8 and another labeled AUOC48A. I was told that the AUOC48A color accuracy is significantly better. Sure enough, my Envy has the monitor labeled BOE08A8 (see screenshot below). I have not seen the AUOC48A model myself, but I've received two separate confirmations that the colors on it are acceptable.

monitormodel.jpg

I tried adjusting colors with the color calibration in Windows and the AMD color settings, but nothing made a difference. I have three resulting questions:

1. Is there anything else HP can recommend I try to see if the colors can be corrected?
  2. If not, is there a number anywhere on the outside of the box that would identify a model with the functional display panel versus the defective one? I bought this from a retailer that does allows returns/exchanges, but I'd like to know that I'm getting a better model without having to open it up and test it. I have a feeling the retailer will limit the amount of times I can exchange if I don't get lucky.
  3. If not, would HP be able to swap out the Envy I have now with the defective panel for one with a functional panel?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@orangeblues

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You may try the updating the drivers:

HP Support Assistant Updates -  

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.  

2) Check for updates.  

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

If you wish to exchange, you may contact the HP Support Team:

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have updated all drivers, but that did not fix the problem. I will contact HP support to see if a satisfactory exchange can be done.

I do want to also provide actual evidence that seems to show the use of two different monitor panels in this machine. As you can see, the hardware ID is different from the one in the screenshot I posted from my machine. The person who provided this screenshot says their machine is not exhibiting any of the color issues present in the BOE08A8 panel. Both machines however claim to have the same full HD 250-nit display.

AUOC.jpg

HP Recommended

I understand 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.