Did you mean: 
JamesSea
Level 1
13 12 0 0
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x360 won’t wake up from sleep mode

When I used to leave it open the screen would shut off and it would not go into sleep mode (power light solid, fan running) and I could not get the screen to come back on so some disconnect with the sleep/screen.

BTW, HP will not help you.  This is not the only thread on this - there are a lot of other people out there also frustrated.

0 Kudos
Tenacity
3 3 0 0
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x360 won’t wake up from sleep mode

Yes, same problem here.  Even if I set display to stay on and sleep never, it was still happening. The only thing that would keep it awake was having something running constantly, like music or a video, if I had to leave it idle for a while. 

I think I got my answer this morning, however.  I had replaced the hdd in the laptop with an ssd when I first bought it, so there was the flash ssd drive that the laptop came with that had the operating system and software, and the second ssd I used for storage.  This morning the laptop was throwing errors saying it couldn't find the storage ssd. It's not listed in file explorer, the bios, nor is Samsung magician seeing it, so I think it's a dead soldier.  Since that happened, the laptop hasn't crashed once.

Nothing I read in my research pointed to a failing drive, so that was one of the very few things I didn't test.  I will post back once I install a new drive to report whether the crashing problem returns or not, just so others having the same issue have another possible answer.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation