Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error Message at Boot-"Your hardware settings have changed ..."

HP Notebook - 17-y030ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your computer for these changes to take effect!!" shows at each boot. 

I spent 3 hours 'chatting' with HP Support and they told me for a third time that I had a 'hardware problem' and that I must ship my machine out for repairs for a few weeks.  The first time it came back blank so reinstalling all my software and files was needed (6-8 hours).  The cause of the problem was neither noted or found so HP replaced the computer (shipped out a second time ... complete reinstall needed again).

Googling the error text leads me to believe there is a problem with the AMD display drivers but reinstalling/updating them has not worked.

Open to suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,@EditorTB,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that you have a message “Your hardware settings have changed” every time you reboot the PC. Did I get it right?

I was able to find few steps to fix it from Microsoft community as the solution has worked for most of the people who reported it.

I would like to share the same with you. I request you to execute the steps to check if that solves the issue.

This issue may arise due to hardware conflicts. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter using the steps below.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
  • Select Troubleshooting.
  • Select View all on the top left the corner.
  • Click on Hardware and Devices.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
  • Check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
EditorTB Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, this did not help.  I called the phone number given to me by HP Support Assistant and although it was incorrect, my call was routed to the proper department.  After approximately 75 mintes, my problem was solved.  This will cost me about $60 in mobile phone use charges.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,532 20,146 1,683 2,760
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EditorTB

Thank you for the update and I understand you've been troubled with the charges that took place in order to find a solution to your concern,
Don't worry though as I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

I hope you have a good day,
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation