Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Am used to extending displays and normally the screens are shown with their relative sizes in the Display page where I can align them to reflect their actual physical position.

The laptop (1) is showing as much larger than the extra monitor.  The extra monitor is actually much bigger, but I cannot see how to resize it.  Connected to laptop through USB C (Thunderbolt)

I would like to align properly so I can move between screens easily.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sno58j 

Have the screens, connected to the laptop this way, been aligned properly before and only NOW they are not?

Or is this a new setup and you can not get the screens aiigned?

Also, the vertical alignment of the screens in the Display setting, in terms of vertical offset of either screen, has nothing to do with the physical screens themselves.  I can change the vertical alignment with my three screens, but they are still aligned on center on my desktop.  Just because one is bigger than the other, or one is higher than the other in the diagram -- neither of these should affect your ability to drag stuff between the screens.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for the reply.

This is a new setup new laptop with existing additional  screen.  It means I cannot move from the lower laptop screen to the other with mouse cursor if I am in the first 3 cm from the left or 6cm from the right of the laptop screen.  

On my old laptop the dimensions of the screens on the display page were more reflective of their relative sizes hence trying to address it that way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.