Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13t-aq000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a setup where I use this laptop connected to Docking station which utilizes Alt Mode display and not the Display link standard. When the device is plugged into the USB C port the screen stays on as long as the lid stays open.

I have followed all other recommendations and searched relentlessly on the web and this is not a matter of "what to do when I close the lid" option. Those options are all set to do nothing. An interesting observation is when changing the display mode it is not able able to display to the external display only, under this setting it will show on the laptop screen. As long as the laptop lid open the external display will work in "extend " displays mode and I will get two different desktops and the "duplicate" setting where it is properly duplicated.  Other options result in only the laptop screen being used and if the screen is closed nothing shows up.

Another bit of info is under Linux Debian 10 this works as expected with the lid closed which leads me to believe this is not a bios thing. Another difference is under Linux only the Intel graphics adapter is being used where under windows I have the hybrid situation going.

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation and resolved it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.