Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi My name is Kyle, my laptops LED screen was cracked when my ex boyfriend tripped on a cord and had his TV hit my close laptop lid, thankfully the hardware and the motherboard was not damaged but the built in internal monitor was fried, so i had to use a HDMI cord and hook it to the laptops port and the desktop monitor we had lying around the house so i could still use my computer, well recently i went into safe mode to fix a problem but i didn't realize getting into safe mode would leave me helpless of just a built in monitor that's flashing and my external monitor showing no display, I looked online and found out if you take out the screen and the bevel you can override the hardware to send the specs to the external monitor so i took them both out and i was able to finally see safe mode on the desktop monitor, however now the resolution of what my laptops display would be if i still had the screen is now being shown on the bigger screen desktop monitor, which is making the font, the images etc a bit smaller where i have to actually select to magnify my page by changing the zoom from 100 which would be a perfect zoom percentage if i was using the now trashed laptop screen but now im using the bigger desktop screen so its no longer a perfect visual size iv had to resort to changing it to 110% 120% or 133% 

When the laptop screen was still on my laptop but turned off so i could display windows on my desktop monitor the size of the laptops screen resolution was altered to be the resolution of the external monitor making it easy for me to easily to still see my pages, but now that the built in screen is gone I'm getting the size resolution specs of the laptop to now only be shown on the external monitor and its not altering to fit the screen size,

is there anyway to get the specs of my laptop to suit the size of the bigger desktop monitor screen? without having it magnify so much that it hurts my eyes?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.