cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
AryanPuri
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

External moniter detected but blank screen on external moniter.

HP Recommended
HP 15s dr1000tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-23 at 10.41.58 AM.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,527 26,963 3,118 6,747
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AryanPuri 

Since you appear to be testing the USB ports, I have to assume you are connecting an external monitor cable to an adapter that then plugs into a USB port.  If that is the case, we can not help you as nearly all such arrangements will not work.

I did such a connection and had to go through three different model adapters until I got one that came with its own drivers -- and only THEN did it work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
AryanPuri
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use hdmi to vga converter for that in which I connect hdmi port to my laptop and vga cable from monitor to converter but laptop detects my monitor but unfortunately not displaying anything on moniter means black screen.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation