Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 13-ah0002la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i just adquired an Hp envy 13-ah0002la which has two usb 3.1 ports and a USB 3.1 type C port hovever there is no HDMI port, i bought an external monitor (Hp 22 inches) that comes with an HDMI output and input, in order to connect the external monitor to my laptop y must buy a USB type C adaptor, what i want to know is if my laptop will support and HDMI or its a VGA

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi! @arturo98, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you would like to know if you can connect an external monitor on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

I have checked the specifications of your laptop and the laptop was shipped with the following ports

1 USB 3.1 Type-C ™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb / s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge)

You can use an HP USB-C to HDMI adapter or an HP USB-C to VGA adapter to connect an external monitor.

You can purchase the HP USB-C to HDMI adapter using this link. Click Here

Also, You can purchase the HP USB-C to VGA adapter using this link. Click Here

Refer the laptop specifications page for more information. Click Here

Refer this article to troubleshoot USB connection issues with your PC.

Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @A4Apollo, I also have a question regarding similar issue. I have equiped my HP Envy 13.3 with HP usb-c multiport adapter: 
I tried connecting to an external monitor via VGA connection, but the picture is not showing on it. I'm using VGA instead of HDMI, because this external monitor is kind of old, and only has a VGA input.

Is there a help to this kind of issue?

Thanks in advance,
Milos

HP Recommended

@milos_t,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you use a USB Type C to VGA adapter instead of a multiport adapter and check.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you use a different VGA cable and check.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette ,

Thanks for helping me out. You mean that I should buy something like this: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-usb-c-to-vga-display-adapter ? ;

I was kind of bummed with the last answer that I got that there is no chance for this machine to reproduce video to an external source. Now I just have to figure out a way to test this "single" cable in the store itself, because I cannot but it again and return it for the second time if it would not work.

So you are positive that a USB-C to VGA single cable should definitely work on my machine?

Thanks again,

Milos

HP Recommended

@milos_t,

Yes, the part in the link is correct. However, you need to make sure that the Type C port on the computer supports the display.

If you could help me with the exact model for your computer I can check and let you know whether it supports display or not.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette,

Thanks for helping out. Let me try to dig out the laptop model:

HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0xxx

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB

System type: 64-bit operating system

I hope this is enough,

Regards,

HP Recommended

@milos_t,

I would require the product number or the exact model for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette , please find the info below:

Product name: HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0024nn

Product number: 4RP84EA#ABB

Serial number: 8CG8240MBX

Regards,

HP Recommended

@milos_t,

Thank you for the information.

I checked the specifications of your computer and see that the USB Type C port supports the display. You can purchase the adapter and I am positive that it should work fine.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.