Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn1035cl
Microsoft Windows 11

My external monitor keeps loosing signal. I have changed the cables, changed the monitors and bought a docking station. Why does this keep happening?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @CherylCieslinsk,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand that your external monitor keeps loosing signal. 

To assist better:-

• I would like to know if you have updated Windows and Graphic Drivers for your PC?
  • What happens when you directly connect the monitor to the PC without using the Docking station?

While you respond to that, let's download HP Support Assistant and install the HP Support Assistant software, if it is not already installed on your computer.

If already installed then follow the below steps to update the drivers:

• In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant, or click the app icon in the taskbar.
  • If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Support Assistant website.
  • On the My Dashboard tab, find your computer, and then click Updates.
  • Wait while HP Support Assistant analyzes the system.
  • After the analysis completes, select the listed updates, download and install the updates, and then follow any on-screen instructions.
  • If prompted, restart the computer, and then close the tool.

Run Windows Update

• In Windows, search for and open Windows Update settings.
  • Click Check for updates.
  • If there are any available updates, they begin installing automatically.
  • After the updates install, restart your computer, if necessary.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yupe I have e done all of it no change

This is my 2nd x360 laptop to have problems.

HP Recommended

So it wanted to update the bios and I did the problem is it is stuck on Updating pei region. Now what?

HP Recommended

@CherylCieslinsk,

Thank you for your response, I understand you already updated the BIOS, let me know if you had updated the Graphic drivers and Windows update as well?

If you are getting an error message, please send me a screenshot here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So after sending in 2 times for repair, in the end the hdmi port was bad. Once it was replaced, this problem has now been resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.