Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have a 15" X360 with i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro x64, and Envy 27 inch monitor.  Laptop is connected directly to the monitor with USB-C cable.  I had everything working for several months.  I have not installed any new software.  Now the display is not active.  The HP MY Display app sees the monitor but Windows Display settings does not.

The Envy display sees the USB-C connection when it starts but shuts down with an message that it does not see a signal. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DomerSquared,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

In order to provide you with an accurate solution, I would need to know the correct product number of your HP notebook. Please use this link to help you find that information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you tried to use a different cable?

Did you try to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant. 

Could you please respond to this post with the details so that I can provide you with accurate solution which should help you resolve this issue. 

Waiting for your response!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not sure why it stopped working.  It was not a cable issue.  I updated the BIOS and the problem was resolved.  I am not sure why that fixed the issue but it did.  

HP Recommended

@DomerSquared,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.