Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 17 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have the laptop hooked up to an HP 230W advanced docking station and even though it has 2 DP ports and 1 VGA port on the back I can only get DP port 2 and the VGA port to work, DP1 doesn't work under any conditions.  Is there anyone who uses this computer or docking station using 2 DP cables?  Is there some way to turn the ports on and off or something?  I'm at a total loss.  I've troubleshooted everything I can think of to no evail.  The cables have been tested and are good, both monitors are tested and good.  The video card drivers and software are up to date.  The video card suports 4 monitors. What could it be?

Here is my setup:

Zbook 17 G2 mobile workstation

HP 230W advanced dockingstation

Two Dell P2416D monitors 

NVIDIA Quadro K2200M video card

Onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.