ClaireStringer Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External monitor via HDMI not working on a HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook (Model no. F5C93EA#ABU)

HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook (Model No. F5C93EA#ABU) originally shipped with Windows 8.1 64 bit.

About 2 months ago it was updated to Windows 10 64-bit with no great problems (update in place).

Recently I observed that the external HDMI port no longer works when trying to connect to a TV. I have since tested many combinations of external monitors and cables together with other laptops and proved the problem is with this laptop,

We have updated windows 10 to the latest aniversary update to attempt to fix the problem and have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Intel Gaphics Driver which is currently at version 10.18.15.4248. This the latest driver is as posted at the HP website and tends to the be the version that is also automatically installed via windows update.

I notice that actual baseline release date of 10.18.15.4248 is August last year. Intel have many later non-OEM versions but this is the latest HP OEM version.

I am at a loss on how to fix the problem and have had to resort to a plugabble USB3 to HDMI adapter to provide external monitor support.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
3798 200 430
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External monitor via HDMI not working on a HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook (Model no. F5C93EA#ABU)

Hi @ClaireStringer,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the HDMI connect to a TV. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please follow the step for the document Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation