Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
X360help Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External screen blank

Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just got a new pavilion x360 with Windows 10 and i5 processor. My previous laptop was an hp stream running Windows 10 that I use an external monitor with via the usb cable. When I plug in the monitor to my new laptop nothing is showing up (I did th set up correctly). The monitor is being recognized because I can see it on my devices list but the monitor will say "no data" I checked drivers and it said they were up to date. Please help
4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71772 8667 18662
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External screen blank

Hi,

Which type of USB cable do you use ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
X360help Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External screen blank

Shoot that was a mistake. I meant to write HDMI.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
71772 8667 18662
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External screen blank

Hi,

By default is should send signals to the monitor thru HDMI cable; but please try to hit F4 on your computer to force sending signals to external monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
X360help Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

External screen blank

Have tried that and it does nothing.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation