Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there.
I used my convertible Envy x360 with LCD TV (HDMI) connected quite often until the connection suddenly stopped working. 
The screen stays black although PC detects the connection. Anyway, PC shows only non-compatible resolution options, refresh rates etc. in all screen modes (duplicate, extend...). No other components were connected anytime.

After some research, I am completely sure the problem is at PC side. I tried three more different screens with the same result (two with HDMI interface and one with direct USB-C connection). I also cross-tested my USB-C hub with my friend's laptop, which resulted to work properly with all displays.

Surprisingly, other hub functions (LAN connection, SD card reader, USB 3.0 hub) work fine even with my (probably broken) PC.

In my opinion, there must be a malfunction in PC graphical hardware, which was also supported with my former suspicions when my PC screen suddenly turned off with no reason and had to reboot (several times) and occasional appearance of artefacts.

I tried various solutions, starting with system format and windows re-installing, latest video driver update, bios update - nothing helped. HP diagnostics also did not identify a problem (all video test passed).

Should I ask my local service center for warranty repair now or you have some more tips what to try?

Thank you for your help!

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MichaelPRG,

You have already performed all the relevant steps and it looks like a hardware malfunction.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MichaelPRG,

You have already performed all the relevant steps and it looks like a hardware malfunction.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you for your reply. Michael

HP Recommended

@MichaelPRG,

You're welcome!

If any other questions arise, feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.