Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP serial [edit]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade to FHD?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@MatrixSurfer

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You might, however, HP doesn't support or recommend doing that, as it may render the device unstable.

As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, however, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradable parts listed above are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You make mention of the parts above, not sure where?

HP Recommended

We meant if you've to upgrade to FHD 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you betty.

Could you suggest a FHD 17.3 screen that will work with my PC. I found in my manual a FHD screen "FHD, anti glare, UWVA, non-touch L22564-001" that the manual is refering to as a a display option on my laptop. Im not sure if this will work as my current machine is running Intel UHD Graphics 620 (8th generation Intel processors) as a screen card.

My question is twofold:

Can my current screencard run 1920x1080?

If not can I add a screencard to the laptop?

Any infor would greatly be apreciat

HP Recommended

I wish to clarify, the way HP designed your device, is that the screen/display sent with the PC is the only part that fits or is designed to work on your device.

You can change it to something else (in your case, to a FHD), but we can't guarantee it would work, so you are on your own if you wish to make such hardware changes.

I hope this answers your question.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

not really getting any help here. According to my manual part number L22564-001 is a FHD screen for my laptop. 

Could you try to find out if this screen is available for my computer as the manual is showing that it is.

I will take the risk, but I would like to know where I can get that screen that is in my manual?

Regards

HP Recommended

@MatrixSurfer

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this, they should be able to help. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.