Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-AU626TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently Purchased HP Pavilion 15Au626TX laptop mainly for gaming purpose. But I'm having problem while playing games in my laptop. The game run smoothly while its charging, but when it is not charing or I play games on battery the games run VERY SLOW.

My Laptop has 16GB of RAM, 4GB nVidia 940MX Graphic Card and 7th Gen Intel i5 processor This specs. are enough to run game smoothly like NFS MW12, GTA V,etc.

I tried all ways like changing mu default graphic processor, Battery to HIGH Peformance, Disabling the integrated graphic.

BUT NO SUCCES YET.

SO REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE HELP ME.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @Rogue3 – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I see that you are getting a low FPS while playing the cs go game while playing using the battery. Do not worry, I'm here to help 🙂

The issue that you are facing might be .caused due to the power management settings. You can follow the steps mentioned below to fix this issue:

Step 1:

• Go to Control panel - Power options
  • Now click on the "Change plan settings" next to the selected power plan.
  • Click on "Change advanced power settings".
  • Now, expand the "Graphics settings". 
  • Make sure the "Maximum performance" is selected on both battery & plugged in options.
  • Apply the settings, restart your notebook and then check the performance.
  • I would also recommend you to check the other settings under the advanced power options settings if the issue still persists.

Step 2:

Try going into NVIDIA CP > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings > Power Management > Prefer Max Performance. Then Apply, and then try running your game on battery.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.