27 17 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting the Most of High Performance GPU on HP Pavilion dv6t-6100

dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Afternoon Guys,

I recently got a used laptop and Im having some issues regarding the performance of my High Performance GPU. Alot of games that are supported by my GPU seems to be lagging and also im getting FPS drop of under 30 FPS with some.  Now I posted a question in another forum about could it be my AC adpater. The one I currently have is a 65W which didnt come with the laptop but accordding to the service manual this specific one is compatible. Now Im pretty new to PC gaming with secondary and High Preformance GPU's so my question is....

For an AMD 6770m GPU does a 65w AC Adapter provide sufficient power for gaming or do I need to invest in a 120w AC adapter? Does it make a difference?

(Update Solved)

Doing alittle searching I found the answer to my question. The problem is is that for my model laptop OpenGL and I noticed DIrectX applications cannot use the discrete GPU in dynamic mode thats set in the BIOS... you have to set it to Fixed Mode via the BIOS. According to this support guide provided by HP

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02948560

So thats what i did. I enabled Fixed mode in the BIOS and then in my favorite games I turned on V-Sync and viola the few I tested seem to work now. All it was was that fix. 🙂

Ste2ph
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
76,608 76,028 9,321 20,138
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't believe 35W charger is compatible with a dv6t laptop. You need at least 65W. What is the 35W part number ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
27 17 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im sorry its a 65W. I just corrected my last post.

HP Part # 608425-004

Ste2ph
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
76,608 76,028 9,321 20,138
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

That part number is not available from part store

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=608425-004

Anyway, you can use 65W charger. I actually ONLY use 65W for a similar machine when travelling (lighter) but I use 90W at home and even 120W.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
27 17 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Doing alittle searching I found the answer to my question. The problem is is that for my model laptop OpenGL and I noticed DIrectX applications cannot use the discrete GPU in dynamic mode thats set in the BIOS... you have to set it to Fixed Mode via the BIOS. According to this support guide provided by HP

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02948560

So thats what i did. I enabled Fixed mode in the BIOS and then in my favorite games I turned on V-Sync and viola the few I tested seem to work now. All it was was that fix. 🙂

Ste2ph
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation